Last Reviewed 1 May 2023
Here at ENGLISH NETTLE there’s nothing we like more than being in the great outdoors enjoying the beautiful countryside. However there are times when we need to come inside and focus on the nitty gritty, so here are some details for you to read and digest about how we use and look after your data.
We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers. We fully appreciate and respect the importance of data protection and security on the Internet.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then rest assured, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. ENGLISH NETTLE Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this policy before ordering/using our website to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
How do we collect information?
We collect Personal Data provided by you, when you, place an order, make an enquiry through our website, telephone, email us, through our social media, leave feedback, or opt in to our mailing list.
When you first visit our website you will be asked if you accept our cookies.
A cookie is a small piece of information sent to your computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies enable the server to collect anonymous information that will help us understand visitors’ browsing habits on our website, and enable us to keep track of your current shopping session, to personalise your experience and to store items in your shopping bag
If you click to accept cookies, you are opting-in to English Nettle Ltd using your personal information for these purposes.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies at any time. However, if you do not accept cookies, the functionality of our website will be severely limited. We therefore recommend you keep cookies enabled to get the best experience from our website.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Why we collect
The personal data collected, is the information we deem necessary to fulfil our obligations to you i.e
- to process your orders;
- to communicate with you about your orders;
- deliver your products;
- to collect payment from you;
- to notify you about our newest products;
- to advise you of changes to our website;
- to prevent or detect fraud;
- to conduct market research or seek feedback on our products, services and website so that we can improve our products and services;
- internal record keeping;
- to protect and defend our legal rights and interests;
- update our records and maintain your account with us;
- monitor your browsing history within our website so that we can help to improve your browsing experience and to improve our website and any services we offer to you or the public.
If you have consented to receive marketing information from us, we may use your information in the following ways:
- We may from time to time, send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- You have the option to unsubscribe from our emails through a link at the bottom of every email we send to you. Should you want to change the details that you have registered with us, or would like unsubscribe altogether you can do that by emailing email@example.com
How we use/share your information
We will not disclose your Personal Data to any third party except as follows:
- We share your personal data with our Business Partners who help us to process your orders, fulfil deliveries, offer customer support, credit risk reduction checks, fraud detection, IT systems support, and internal audits.
By way of making contact with us, from the start of placing an order with us, we will deem this as consent to hold the information that you have provided either via the website, over the phone or by email.
- to respond to legal process or to government requests;
- enforce agreements, terms and policies;
- prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or other.
We will not share your data with third parties with the purpose of allowing them to market their goods or services to you unless we expressly ask for your permission to do so.
How long we keep your information
We will only keep your Personal Data for as long as necessary, to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal and regulatory obligations, accounting, or reporting requirements or to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements
Storing and Protecting Your Information
By submitting your Personal Data to us, you agree to the transfer of your personal information, its storage and processing.
Our website uses up-to-date industry procedures to protect your personal information. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software.
We have suitable security measures in place, to help prevent unauthorised access including the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you.
Access, Correcting And Deleting Your Information
At any time throughout our business relationship any individual has the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right of rectification – If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you have the right to ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- Right to object – you have the right to object to marketing from us i.e. if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
Effective Date and Changes